Primary agricultural uses for wedge wire screens:
• Feed screening
• Feed recovery
• Manure separation
Why should you separate your manure?
Raw manure is troublesome. It is messy to transport, costly to store and can be an environmental hazard if not separated and stored properly. Separating the manure helps to minimize these problems while creating useful byproducts.
Some beneficial byproducts of manure separation are:
• Separated solids can be used or sold as fertilizer
• Separated solids can be used as bedding material
• Separated liquid can be irrigated on farmland or used to feed your
• Overall slurry storage costs decrease due to reduced volume
• Odor and health risks decrease