Coanda screens by produced our factory exploiting the Coanda effect in combination with the proven separation technology of our wedge wire.
Coanda Screens are self-cleaning screens with no moving parts that have been successfully used for hydropower plants.
Key Benefits of Coanda Screens include:
1. Approach Plate: delivers water screen at proper speed and direction
2. Screen: Cuts bottom layer of water using tilted wedge wire and has removable screen panel for maintenance/replacement
3. Mounting angle: Fastens assembly to structure & includes leveling bolts for quick adjustment during installation
4. A reliable supply of screened water increases hydro plant operating time, output, and efficiency
5. Self-cleaning properties result in a largely maintenance-free operation saving time and associated costs
6. No mechanical moving parts eliminate the need for costly maintenance and a power supply
7. Highly resilient screen construction is resistant to abrasive material and corrosion
8. Each option is available in all-welded fabrication, or in a plastic box structure for lighter duty applications.
9. Mounting tabs, removable screen panels, and simple outlet connections make installation quick and easy.
Coanda Screen Technology
Coanda Screens are positioned on the downstream face of an intake weir. An ogee-shaped acceleration plate delivers the flow at the precise angle and velocity required by the separation area of the screen. The Coanda effect promotes consistent contact with the screen surface. Wedge Wire placed at precise and consistent slot gap tolerance screens away debris and particles. The screened water flowing through the open area collects in a chamber beneath to be distributed to associated pipelines. The specified tilt angle of the wedge wire has an additional shearing effect increasing throughput.
Precision Engineering and Fabrication
Coanda Screens can be produced in 304 or 316-grade stainless steel. The uniformity and precision slot gap of the screening area ensures high capacity throughputs and accurate removal of debris.
Each Coanda Screen can be produced to bespoke dimensions and specifications with optional slot gap widths, wire profiles, and inclinations to maximize performance.